Everybody tries to live without regrets. It is the mark of a life that is lived well. Unfortunately, no matter how hard we try, we will still end up doing things, buying things, or making decisions that we regret in the long run. Not all bad decisions are irreversible though. Ex. Ever get a tattoo of your ex’s name? Thankfully, this extremely common regret is reversible. Tattoos, once thought of as permanent, can now be erased by the safe and effective technique of laser tattoo removal developed by dermatologic surgeons. This is done through advanced Q-switched laser techniques which break apart the pigment of the tattoo, underneath your skin, which is then slowly absorbed by your body over time. Treatment sessions of laser tattoo removal usually only take ten to twenty minutes depending on your tattoo’s size. To remove a tattoo completely, it will require at least six to eight individual sessions every four to six weeks. A degree of tattoo removal pain may be experienced. The intensity differs from one person to another based on personal pain thresholds. Still, it is recommended that you speak with your doctor or technician about which painkillers are safe to take before a procedure.
There are many reasons why someone may decide to get a tattoo removed. Many individuals think about their tattoos carefully before getting them done but change their mind years later for unrelated reasons. Other individuals may not have considered the consequences of a certain tattoo in relation to their future plans. There are tons of reasons why someone might choose removal but we will highlight the ten most common reasons individuals decide to “de-ink” themselves.
Ten Reasons to Erase That Tattoo
- You might want to get your tattoo removed because it’s simply a bad tattoo. Maybe it was an amateur tattoo artist or it was misspelled or not what you envisioned. This is an extremely common reason.
- Perhaps you are considering changing your career and the new profession you want to enter is not as accepting of tattoos as your current one. Some professions view tattoos that are visible as extremely unacceptable or unprofessional. If your tattoo is in the way of your dreams, then laser removal is a viable option.
- You might want to get a faded tattoo removed since it doesn’t look as good as it used to. With years of exposure, a tattoo that was once bright and clear may now look extremely dull and blurry.
- Trends change and our personal tastes change over time too. You might not think the tattoo you thought was so cool when you were eighteen is cool anymore. Or it may be about a band or a book that you aren’t into anymore. This is a valid reason to think about a change!
- You may want to remove a tattoo, or several tattoos, you got when you were younger since you are a parent now. Whether you don’t want your kids to get tattoos like you did and need to set an example or being a parent simply changed the way you viewed the world, both are common among new parents.
- Maybe you are a big fan of tattoos but really want a different tattoo on the exact area of your body where you already have one. You can easily get that first one removed and after waiting a little bit of time, you can get a new one where the old one used to be.
- Your partner may not like your tattoo and you want to remove it for that reason. Of course, you need to stay true to what you actually want but if your loved one hates it and you are generally indifferent then why not make them happy.
- Are you considering joining the military? If so, that would be a very good reason to get a tattoo removed. Not all tattoos are acceptable in the military and you may be required to have some of them removed in order to join up.
- You and your ex have broken up. There is only one thing keeping you back from moving on with your life and getting over this person: their name is tattooed on your body. How are you supposed to get over someone if you are reminded of them every day? This sounds like a prime time to get that particular tattoo removed.
- And last but not least, you simply just don’t want that tattoo anymore. You don’t have to give a well-thought out excuse to everyone who asks why you decided to remove a tattoo. You can simple fall out of love with one or multiple of them and decide you want a clean slate. There is absolutely no shame in that.
If any of these reasons apply to you and you’d like to get a tattoo removed, ZendyHealth can help you find the best discounts on high-quality providers. We can get you up to 80% off per session on removing small, medium, and large tattoos. Through our online bidding platform, we match you with a certified dermatologist who can remove that unwanted tattoo at your price!